I am very privileged to have been invited by Dr Dave Chaffey to start providing expert commentary pieces for his online portal Smart Insights.
Dave has been recognised by the Chartered Institute of Marketing as one of
“50 marketing ‘gurus’ worldwide who have shaped the future of Marketing“
Dave has also been recognized by the Department of Trade and Industry, NOP World and E-consultancy as one of the
“Top 100 hundred people commended by the industry as key influencers and drivers, who have driven the development and growth of e-commerce in the UK over the last ten years“.
The Smart Insights blog is edited by digital marketing expert Dave Chaffey with the help of other experienced digital marketers to help marketeers succeed online through getting more value from their investments in digital marketing.
My Role For Smart Insights
I am delighted to have joined a small team of industry experts who provide regular best practice articles and tips for visitors to the Smart Insights website, with my focus being on usability and conversion optimization.
My First Article – Increasing New Customer Conversion Rates
I’m delighted to announce that my first article has gone live titled ‘Increasing new customer conversion rate’. Below are some details of what you can expect to read within the full, comprehensive article.
- Background – why new customer conversions are so important for retailers
- How new customer checkout experiences have evolved
- Why you shouldn’t force 1st time customers to register to place their order
- Consumer pre-conceptions about registration
- Best practice recommendations for new customer checkout
- Quick tips for improving checkout for all retailers
- Which checkout solutions are recommended
My article is wrapped up by asking the question – How do you encourage new customers to buy? It includes the following questions to retailers, and please feel free to provide comments on the Smart Insights post.
- what options do you provide new customers on your checkout?
- what benefits or incentives do you use to encourage new visitors to make their purchase?
- how important is getting new customers to register/sign-up with you?
- are you looking to build an online community with your customers?
- what are your preconceptions when you are asked to register with a retailer?