Who We Are Looking For
Are you a passionate, creative and detail driven visual designer looking for a challenging role as a user experience designer? Or are you looking for your first real commercial opportunity to put your skills, creativity, passion and flair to the test? If either of these is you then you could be just what we are looking for.
Working closely with our User Experience Director Paul Rouke and our web developer, you will bring a completely new, creative dimension to our business. Whilst you will bring your own experiences and ideas on website user experience into a range of client projects, you will also be encouraged to learn and develop from working closely with Paul, further developing your awareness and expertise in web usability and best practice.
You will be responsible for designing the user experience for a range of client websites, both content driven and e-commerce, as well as applying your skills and creative abilities in helping to further develop our benchmarking application. This application allows us to evaluate and benchmark websites based on usability principles and best practice. In addition you will be involved in designing other web applications that we choose to develop based upon commercial opportunities.
Your background will have taught you that its not just how websites and applications look and feel that make them successful, its how they actually work for end users. With this in mind you’ll need a good understanding of typography, spacing, page layout and general website design best practice.
Your salary will depend on your experience, although we aren’t looking for someone with years of industry experience – instead you will be expected to build on your existing skills and experiences, and learn and develop as your daily work in user experience design and usability increase.
If this sounds like you, please send through samples of your previous design work and a little more about yourself to designer @ prwd.co.uk so we can assess your suitability for the position.
Please note we won’t be dealing with recruitment agencies.
Full Job Specifications and Responsibilities
Essential design experience and capabilities:
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator
- Understanding of design theory, typography, colour and layout to create clean inspirational designs
- The ability to design user interfaces from paper prototypes through to finalised visual designs
- Understanding of on-site search engine optimisation approaches and techniques
You will benefit from having:
- Experience of using Axure Pro
- Experience of using Google Analytics
- Visual design of user interfaces for content managed websites
- Visual design of user interfaces for e-commerce websites
- Creation of assets for websites and web applications ready for use by our developer
- Creation of website style guidelines where necessary
- Work as part of project teams to deliver to demanding client and user requirements, and project timescales
- Provide accurate and realistic effort estimates and manage resulting expectations
- Collaborate with our user experience director on website design projects, particularly those where we are using our user-centered design process
- Work closely with our web developer to deliver client websites on time and on budget
- Meet with and speak to our clients throughout all project stages
- Design and develop brand logos, brand identity and other illustration work where necessary
- Write articles for our blog relating to your work and other business activities where suitable
- To undertake other duties as necessary including duties appropriate to the effective running of the business, include other none directly related housekeeping tasks
Due to the challenging nature of this role, further key responsibilities may be added over time where necessary.
The successful applicant will be:
- Comfortable speaking directly with our clients
- Enthusiastic – somebody happy to be working and wants to go the extra mile to create quality work
- Passionate about providing first class service and support to our customers
- Somebody who can have fun and is happy to help out with other jobs when called upon – and can also pro-actively pitch in with clear ideas in open discussion
- Keen to work with and try new technologies
- Up to speed with the latest developments in the industry – somebody who uses social media, social networking and other techniques to keep on top of the latest developments
- Somebody who puts the end user at the heart of an engaging web experience
- Somebody who brings in new ideas, has a passion for what they do and wants to be at the forefront of their profession
We are looking for an individual whose honesty, integrity, initiative and hands on approach to problem solving shines through. Key personal characteristics include a confident ability, reliability, flexibility and a willingness to contribute to a team working environment.
You will have a strong desire to develop yourself personally whilst continually advancing your visual design and creative capabilities. In addition, over time through your experience of working with Paul Rouke, you will be expected to be able to provide usability advice and consultancy to our clients. In summary you will be expected to play a significant role in the development and growth of our business.
What we offer
- Salary appropriate to experience
- A relaxed dress code, although there may be occasions were more formal appearance is required
- Modern working conditions at PRWD’s office, close to Manchester city centre
- Standard working hours of 37.5 hours per week
- 25 days holiday per year (plus statutory bank holidays)
Are you interested?
If so, please send through samples of your previous design work and a little more about yourself to designer @ prwd.co.uk so we can assess your suitability for the position.
Please note we won’t be dealing with recruitment agencies.